It's been awhile

Good morning all,

My god it has been a while since I posted anything here . So much has changed in my life. Like so much. I feel like over the last 2 years i have grown up, maybe in ways not for the best. Cone out of it a little jaded, a little scared and a little less trusting. That said I have come out if it with ultimate faith in the things i know and the people that love me .Let me start from the beginning.

I was in finance for years, I had a plan. Work until the kid was graduated, try to save as much money as possible and then move into something mobile like a van with Chef D where we would happily travel , eat and blog with our very established by then Vagrant foodies blog.

Well, then life got in the way and i found myself no longer working at the bank. Jobless with 10k to my name to live on i ended up running a fast food restaurant for a year while at 38 i tried to figure out what i wanted to be when i grew up. Again i had a bit of a plan, Chef D, always my champion was there again just waiting to see what I would come up with.

In any job that I do , I do not know how to not try and move up the ladder. It is how i am wires. What is next , how do i be better? I was doing the best I could until one fateful day, actually it was a year today, my back injury finally gave out. The disc that had been not so silently making my life hell for the past 13 years ruptured while I was  working in the kitchen. The next day I could only crawl, the day after I ended up in the hospital.
Now what?
Panic races through me , I could barely make my bills on the salary I had , what was I going to do. I didn't have much time to  worry about it , I was far too sick.

There was a lot that happened to follow, I was in the hospital for a few weeks, bed rest for a few weeks and walked with a cane. June 6th I had a spinal surgery and then should have had 2 months recovery but I had to go back to work. I really should have waited but that wasn’t an option for me. Money favours and luck had run out .

I suffered through, 11 hour days making not close to enough money to get by. Eating free fast food because it was free and I was trying so hard not to let my daughter know things were bad.

Then she got sick, my daughter. Like sick . She was in hospital and required a procedure. Missed two weeks of schooL and my job had no sympathy. My staff stepped up to cover me one day but that was it . I knew then that come he’ll or high water I had to fix things.

I did. It is 8 months later and I have a job I love at a dealership where I am the finance manager. D and I bought a camper van which is a dream of ours and things are moving forward. Just had to catch you up . I will continue in another post this is getting pretty long


Popular posts from this blog


lonley at the top of the mountain

The goals